03 May 2015
Tenaganita received, handled and managed 249 new cases with 1466 violations consisting of 3120 M / 1032 F ( 4126) complainants of violation for redress,
- handled 149 old cases , as such we managed 398 cases throughout 2015,
- rescued 68 women and 2 children from abused and trafficked
- sheltered and housed 127 women, 3 children and 2 infants in
- closed and settled 108 files out of the 247 new cases opened,
another 60 files of the old files,
- safely repatriated 82 migrants after the settlement and closing of
- assisted the communities through several interventions for 151cases
consisting of 117 M / 82 F ( 199) in the refugee communities.
During this period of time ( 2015), an amount of RM 326,087.48 of compensation, settlement and refund of recruitment and legislation fee were received accordingly for the affected migrants and refugees whose cases were filed. Tenaganita also received another amount RM 240,000.00 through the Small Claims Court for 60 test cases of 6P Fraud cases.
As such a total amount of more than half a million ( RM 566,086.48) received for the communities of migrants and refugees.
This is the best achievement ever for us! So all that hard work of analyzing...calculating...finding the right words to express some of the issues encountered is all worth while....to all who worked hard in making this happen - we continue to make changes in the lives of the people at the margin!! We are a totally an awesome team - Aegile Fernandez, Liva Sreedharan, Fajar Santoadi, Prema Thiyagu, Ashik Rahman, Barath Manian, Rachel Tan, Joseph Paul Maliamauv, Tenaganita Manggalam, Teresa Lazaroo, Hélène Brry, Rayma Mesha, Cindy Ring Ruble, Sally Alexander, Emily Eaton, Ryan Schmautz, Katrina Jorene Maliamauv and all the lawyers for assisting us through it all!
If you would like to keep up to date with our work, you may provide us your details as below